My name is Ryan but you can call me FoodLove Girl! I originally thought of that nickname because I loooove food….. but food has not always loved me. I have been struggling with my weight for 15+ years now and although I haven’t quite mastered it yet, I’ve learned a lot along the way and now I want to share it with you.
The purpose of FoodLoveMe/FoodHateMe is to share my ongoing journey as a “lessons learned” and “lessons learning” in an attempt to help you shorten your weight loss journey. If I can help just one person shorten their journey by one year, or even one month, then all of the pain and struggles I’ve been through related to my weight will have been worth it.
You have arrived at a safe haven for people who have struggled with their weight and their relationship with food for years and are tired and ready to heal.
In this struggle to be healthy and happy amidst a complicated world of misinformation that leaves us frustrated and unhappy, I believe there is a simple solution to ending the madness and healing our relationship with food. Here in the FoodLove Community we focus on what I believe are the 3 main elements of that solution:
- Surrendering Your Weight Loss Journey
- Focusing on Living “Full Out”
- Creating Systems to make everything easier and less stressful
What You’ll Find Here on This Blog:
I send out weekly emails to my subscribers. I use this opportunity to let my readers get to know me a little bit better and to update them on what’s new on the blog. Click here to join! As a thank you I am sharing a pdf of the Daily Affirmations I use to help stay on track and lead the healthiest life I can.
What Do I Write About
- I write about how to seek help in the greater sense – spiritually. We need to let God in on this struggle. We need to let God in so that we can let go of the fear that is holding us back. The biggest realization I ever made about my weight loss journey was when I read the book, A Course in Weight Loss and I realized that I am not supposed to be on this journey alone. This is not for any of us to handle alone. And so I try to discuss this idea as much as possible because I believe it is so vitally key to our weight loss journeys.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles”
2. I write about what it means to live “full out” and why that is so important to your weight loss success. We get deep into what it’s going to take to make you happy so that you will no longer rely on food to do that for you. We’ve been using food to hide and escape from our lives because we are afraid of truly living. We must figure out where that all started so that we can face it and begin to truly live the lives we were meant to live.
3. Creating systems that help us simplify our lives and allows us to create the space we need to figure out where it all went wrong. We need space to think, to breathe, to feel. So much of our society encourages us to fill up the space, buy more stuff, stay busy. Then when something is wrong it takes us so long to figure it out because we don’t have the room to step back and see what’s happening.
“The simpler, the deeper. We have a way of making things too complicated.”
– Shawn McNiff
I don’t believe that you have to wait until you’ve completely healed emotionally to lose weight. I believe in doing the deep work to figure out what’s really wrong but I also believe in setting up systems to help us eliminate everyday stresses in our lives and speed up the weight loss process as a result. Living full out and facing our fears is what it will take to keep the weight off but systems will help us lose it in the beginning.
4. Finally, I write about my personal journey. There is a lot of information about weight loss and healthy living on the internet today. It’s a noisy space. There are a lot of people saying the same things but for some reason, so far, you haven’t been able to hear it and you can’t seem to make it stick. I believe the best form of help comes when you read a story about someone else who can relate to your pain and your struggle. When you can look at them and say “she’s just like me. She gets it” – Then that’s a voice you can listen to. I want to be that voice for you.
Join me on this journey to heal our relationship with food once and for all and start living the magnificent lives we were destined to live. Click here to join the email list and receive a copy of my Daily Affirmations – I use these as part of my Miracle Morning Routine to start my day off right!