[BODY REVOLUTION – DAY 38 , OCTOBER 15, 2015]
Some people may think it’s odd that someone would want to broadcast their weight loss journey for the world to read. It is a little strange I’ll admit and yet it was probably the best decision I made all year. There are five main reasons why I blog:
- I blog to stay accountable. I have found that blogging is the #1 way to stay accountable. I am literally putting myself on blast. That’s why I did the 21-day straight of blogging during the Virgin Diet Smoothie and I made the more recent promise to blog during my 90-day Body Revolution. Knowing that I have to come here every day and report what I ate and what I did for exercise helps me stay on track throughout the day. It doesn’t make things perfect but it really, really helps. And especially when you’re getting close to the deadline of your goal and you know that you want to show results on the blog – man! The pressure is on! It makes you really work harder.
2. I share because after 20 years, I’m pretty sure my family and friends are sick of hearing about it. I needed a new audience. Even though your friends and family love you – they can sympathize but they may not always be able to empathize. Going global means I can reach a much wider audience than my family and I can find people that truly understand this struggle.
3. I share because losing weight can be a lonely journey and it’s nice to have people you can talk to who you feel understand. I hope that over time I can build a community of people who help each other through the ups and downs of weight loss and can provide emotional support to each other along the way. It is comforting to know that someone else has been where you are and made it to the other side.
4. I share because when I fail you can relate and when I succeed it serves as one more reminder to everyone out there struggling that this goal is attainable. Being skinny isn’t just for the privileged few. Real people can lose weight naturally and healthily. You can do this.
5. I tell my story in hopes that I might help someone else. Losing weight is hard and it is nice to know that someone else is going through the same struggles. I share my success and failures so that maybe someone else might learn from them and skip the things that I’ve tried and didn’t work and maybe go straight to the things that did work and save themselves some time. The weight loss journey can be painful at times and if sharing my story spares someone a even one less day on their journey then it’s worth it.
My eating today:
Breakfast : Virgin Diet Smoothie
2 cups of tea (no honey! yay!)
Lunch – coconut cultured milk yogurt; Virgin Diet Smoothie (Tropical) – Only 1 scoop of protein
1 cup of tea (again – no honey!)
Grande Frappuccino Caramel Light with soymilk; 1 applesauce pack; 2 coconut yogurts
Dinner – Virgin Diet Smoothie (Blueberry and Banana)
Dessert – Chocolate/Raspberry Sorbet; hot tea (again, no honey!)